Not so long time that time 😉 , i finished all the animations for “Coateee” and make a simple control system for him. Also i added some functionality of Coateee Coating (it sounds strange word i know, but soon you will know what it the converting function do inside my game 😀 ), and some simple functions as well;
here today i started working in the other character ( i was totally forget :)) and it is almost done in modeling phase. But i found a quick tip here as well. So, why not share it with you guys.
While working & after adding the horns to my enemy (unnamed yet), i found it looks like it is behind him, not integrated with the body (like organic modeling guys say). So, i started to move some of my vertices to have the effect that it comes out of the body. But i came to the last two horns in the back & i found less vertices to give that effect. So i just added a couple of edges in my polygons and moved the targeted vertices and it works. What i mean here is how to try as possible as i can to save my memory by reducing the mesh components. It is easy to say, Ok no problem lets add a new subdivision to all the mesh to be able to add details. But for me (as my character have a simple animation) So, i feel free to add subdivisions ONLY in the places i need it, without affecting the skinning or animating process;
i’ll try to finish all the Skinning and animations today, Also all the needed assets. To be able to focus more in the programming side & not going back an forth between code & poly ;